a dream? - a poetic experience
Genre artistic puzzle platformer | Game Auteur Sina Jafarzadeh | Platform PC/Mac/Linux
Release Date End of 2016 | Press contact Sina Jafarzadeh | Twitter | Facebook
A free demo of «a dream? — a poetic experience» is now available at itch.io. It demonstrates 15 levels of the final game and is supposed to demonstrate the experience and support the Steam Greenlight campaign.
- «a dream? — a poetic experience» is an artistic puzzle platformer about different facets of life and personal experiences.
- Each level represents a personal theme, conveyed through the level composition, challenges and soundscape and is narratively structured around a poetic structure.
- In Japanese culture the frog is seen as a symbol of luck and throughout the progression of the game each step reflects the small steps and jumps we as humans do to progress in our lives, ambitions and dreams.
- The soundscape is generated based on the interactions of the player.
- It offers 40 stages with different themes and associated obstacles to overcome.
- While the player only controls the jump of the frog (direction, strength and time), the dynamism of the levels creates a number of varieties and challenges.
- Dynamism is created through the fact that landing on an object creates ripples, which affects other elements in the level based on their characteristics.
- Ripples are created not only by the player, but by any other frogs in the level, similar to the effects other people have in one»s environment.